The missing element is believed to be TGC, as the inn was owned by Thomas Gery Cullum at the time. This is from the wall surrounding the Tollgate Inn, Fornham Road, Bury St Edmunds
Photographed too late!

Some architectural details around
Bury St Edmunds


Picture Page 3

The building on which a plaque is fixed is usually shown below it.
Click images to enlarge

Carter's Builders Entrance, believed erected by Lot Jackaman the builder from original mouldings for the Corn Exchange. C 1861.
Lead roofing by R G Carter, late 1990's

Old Kingdom Hall

The well known Waggon Wheel roof in the Nottyngham Porch

Carter's Builders Entrance, St Peters Vineyard, Out Westgate
This site was once owned by the builder John Darkin until his death in 1886. Darkin had a vineyard here, sheltered from the north by a 22 foot wall. St Peter's church behind was built in 1858.
Other builders who used this yard before R G Carter included Lot Jackaman and Harvey Frost

Old Kingdom Hall
Short Brackland, Bury St Edmunds

The Nottyngham Porch, St Mary's Church, Bury St Edmunds

St Edmund, erected late 20th century

The clock on the former
Bus Station Ticket Office

Arms of Bury St Edmunds Borough Council
Borough Offices built 1937

St Edmund erected on Halifax Building Society building. Now an Estate Agents, January's
Abbeygate Street/Skinner Street

The old Bus Station Ticket Office
High Baxter Street / Brentgovel Street Corner

Borough Offices
Angel Hill
Bury St Edmunds

Victorian Post Box which apparently survived until removed by building work in 2011 or early 2012.

Bury St Edmunds Borough Council
Coat of Arms prior to 1974

Bury St Edmunds Corporation
Electricity Department
Set up in 1900, the electricity undertaking was sold in 1937

Located in Cannon Street, but removed by October 2012.

Pigeon Lane Pumping Station built 1962
Fornham All Saints

Denny's Shop
Kings Road / St Andrews Street (S) corner

1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
[ Prev ]      [ Next ]
The next page includes more wall plaques
Other wall plaques can be seen around the town.

Go to Plaques homepage Produced 24th August 2006 Go to Main Home Page